Ok, ok, this won’t sound interesting for all my dear readers. But, anyway, you’ll find hereunder a short edited movie about our day at the Toulouse Zoo (Plaisance de Touch to be more specific). It’s the first time I use my new editing workflow: Canon HV30 + Mac Pro + Final Cut Pro.
I’m quite happy about the tools I have now, even I have some pro’s & con’s.
– Canon HV30’s HDV rushes looks incredible.
– HDV Acquisition was quick & easy to set up.
– HDV editing is fast & easy on the Mac Pro
– Final Cut Pro looks a lot like Adobe Premiere. I still have a lot to learn (98% at least)
– Canon HV30 tends to over-expose (probably some fine tuning to do)
– Movie export for the Web (or else) is still not so user-friendly. I had a lot of trouble with the resizing of the HDV resolution, the compression ratio and I still have problem with some coded (audio or video) compatibility when sending the files to different computers.